(COVID-19) Update after Prime Ministers Announcement – 23rd March
We are still open providing key services critical to keeping the transport network moving whilst also keeping vehicles legal, safe and road worthy.
- Maintain social distancing and extra care on arrival
- On arrival please notify staff then return to your vehicle
- Confirm works required
- Stay with your vehicle until the work commences
- Depending on work remain in vehicle or wait outside the depot
- Payment to be made via credit / debit card whilst still in your vehicle
- Collection and delivery service also available
- Staff have been instructed to wash their hands and wear fresh gloves before entering customer vehicles
We are confident that by adopting these measures we can maintain a safe environment whist keeping you legal and safe out on the roads
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency has confirmed car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 – but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive. If your MOT was due before then the six month extension does not apply and must have a new valid MOT if you are to use it on the road.
MOT tests will still take place even though the government is trying to minimise social contact and coronavirus transmission risks.
We are offering a full normal MOT, which we believe is the best way to keep your vehicle safe and road legal. We also offer a Free BOSCH Vehicle Health Check book online – which, although not as in depth as an MOT covers many points that help to keep your vehicle roadworthy.
You can be fined up to £2,500, be banned from driving and get 3 penalty points for driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition. You can still take your vehicle to be repaired at the nearest open garage. The government is allowing them to remain open.